Monday, 28 August 2017

Sherburn Food and Craft Festival


It is the late August  Bank Holiday here in England and so lots of events for peeps have been organised around Yorkshire..On Saturday, Judith and Leigh wanted to take me and Crybbe to the Sherburn Food and Craft Festival in a village not too far away from where we live. But I was having one of those days when I did not want to be sociable so I hid under the sofa and refused to come out...and in the end it was my brother Danny who went with Crybbe and here are some of the photos of the day.


There was a singer who entertained the peeps with some fun songs.
Danny even had a little dance to the music BOL


 Crybbe is not one for dancing though.


But he did pose for a picture beside a poster with a monkey face :-)


There were some things which were not quite what they seemed too.


This fire engine was really the back of a bar selling drinks!


And this steam engine was really a barbecue!


This was a real police van though and the Community Police let Crybbe see inside the van.


The policewoman said she would much prefer having little dogs riding with them than the bad peeps who they usually have at the back of the van!
Of course being a food festival there were plenty of stalls selling yummy treats like these Russian pies:


And these oysters....although neither the peeps nor Crybbe and Danny were too keen on them: 


 There were lots of animals there and not just dogs....


This is Crybbe saying hello to a black sheep..


 And some cute pygmy goats


A tortoise.


Some sweet little chicks.


 And an owl!


 Danny and Crybbe enjoyed seeing the animals and birds and lots of people stopped to talk to them.


Not many people had heard of affenpinschers so they were interested to meet them.


  And the boys were kind enough to bring me back a present too.


They actually brought back two new toys but the monkey is my favourite of course :-)






2 comments:

  1. We think you missed out on a great day there....Did you think they were trying to get you to the VET? Looks like a great day out. Don't know that we would have behaved that well around all the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Friends! What a full and fun day with so much to see and do! I have to admit, I don't know that I've ever met any affenpinschers, and I think I'd love to meet them over a tortoise, but I think our crew may enjoy the monkey too... :-)

    ReplyDelete