Monday, 31 October 2016

Halloween Trip to York


                                          

Yesterday the peeps took me on a fun visit to our nearest city -York to see the sights.

                         

         I could have stood watching all the people and dogs for ages  - it was so busy!

                                              

              There were lots of funny Halloween statues and pumpkins wherever I looked.

                        

         This is York Minster which is so huge that it could not all fit in the picture BOL

                                        

 This is me on the steps of the Minster and you can see how huge the doors are....

                                       

     And another building with huge doors - I think they must have giants living here.

                      

                       There were many old buildings and shops too to look at like this one.

                                   


                               And an old building where peeps could get refreshments :-)  

                      


But that cafe would not let me come in so we went to another place where dogs are welcome and I sat on the floor on a fleece blanket while Judith & Leigh had a snack. 

                       

                                 Here I am having a look at the foodables :-)

                                          

                                     Some more of the Halloween surprises.


                       

                                       And a scary mask outside a shop!

                       


                    We all went to look at shoes for the winter in a friendly shoe shop.

                       

                     And when we came out we saw a big balloon flying overhead :-) 

                        


So much to see and more -  a fun fair with a carousel and painted horses going round. 


                        

       There were craft stalls too - and guess what....one with a very  special name BOL 


                   
                          

But at last I was getting so tired that the peeps thought it was time to get the bus back home so it was goodbye to York for the day but I hope to go back again before long.

                          

                           Wishing all bloggy friends a happy Howlaween- have fun xxx
   








 











15 comments:

  1. Is that the Minster???? Do tell, its driving Mum nuts, hehe
    Happy Halloween
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - your Mum is right :-) The Minster is the huge building in the photo - it is really enormous and amazing to see. My Mum is having problems with loading text and photos with her blogger app just now so the photos are up first with no text. Hope you can see the text now :-) Happy Halloween- nose licks and love from Moth xx

      Delete
    2. I'm taking Mum to York next year so I will be asking fur advice…oh and the name of the dog friendly cafe!
      PL xxx

      Delete
    3. York is a wonderful place for a visit. The dog friendly cafe is Filmore and Union and many of their cafes around the region welcome dogs. I am hoping that my peeps will let me do a blog post on dog friendly cafes soon :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow, how very cool Moth!!
    Happy Halloween Smileys!
    Dory, Arty, Jakey and Bilbo

    PeeEss..Make sure to stop by and visit parts 2 and 3 of the Halloween Pawty, you make an appearance in both parts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - thank you. I loved being part of your Halloween celebrations - nose licks and love from Moth xx

      Delete
  3. Moth my peeps are watchers of other people too. They walk at the mall every morning from 8-9 am. They have nicknames for a lot of the walkers...like the man who walks with hat swinging wildly in his hand is the Mad Hatter.

    Oh What a pretty city York is to visit and I loved all the decorations
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you - what a fun trip to York. I'd love to go exploring there - to date, I've only changed trains at York station.
    Happy Halloween!
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your name on that sign? Hope they're paying you royalties...in treats. What a great outing. Lots to see, do and sniff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a splendid day. Thank you for taking us weith you. I do think you are owed royalties

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lady wishes we lived in England. She went to York a million years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing York Minster it has such a gothic look. The sights are wonderful. I hope you at least got a nibble of the pumpkin bread.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, it looks like you guys had a great time!
    Awesome pictures, thank you so much for sharing :)
    Kourtney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by my blog. Glad you enjoyed the photos - nose licks and love from Moth xx

      Delete
  10. That looks like a most exciting day! I bet you were way tired when you got home!

    Pippen

    ReplyDelete