Saturday, 22 October 2016

The Day The Tree Came Down

                 

The other day a very scary thing happened here. You can see me hiding just in case there are monsters! 


                     

Frida, Crybbe and my Mum, Saoirse kept watch through the conservatory to see what was going on. 

                     

On this photo you can see a big conifer tree on the right by the shed- well that tree is no longer there!

                                         

Our peeps decided that it was taking over the garden and we did not have enough space for playing so they called in a man with a noisy chain saw to take the tree down. 

                      

After he left we went out to check over the new space. It is still a bit of a mess just now. The large trunk pieces will be cut for fire logs and some kept for us to play on :-)

                       

                                                Trilby checking the new smells.

                      

                                           Me having a little explore too :-)

                  

                                                The trunk was VERY big!

                                         

This noisy machine cuts up the branches and small twigs - Judith is cutting back the other bushes too. 

                        

                                       They come out all shredded ready for recycling :-)

                          

                                           Me and Trilby can both fit on the old tree stump! 

                                           

   This is my Aunty Frida and my Mum Saoirse watching the shredding through the window. 

                           

                                 And me having a well earned rest after all the excitement:-)












31 comments:

  1. OMD! At first we thought you had had a huge windy storm or something that brought down the tree. Glad to see it was under control. AND, we were surprised to see just how huge the trunk was when compared to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No storm luckily or there could have been a lot of damage as that tree was next to a greenhouse and our neighbour's property. We love the xtra space :-)

      Delete
  2. Yippee! More space to run around, Moth. Or maybe your peeps are planning to have more little Moths??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More little Moths sounds good to me but my peeps are not so enthusiastic- I can't think why when I am such an angel BOL

      Delete
  3. Don't worry about your tree. It has sprouted up at Rainbow Bridge and will be waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - that is a lovely thought xx

      Delete
  4. Hiya Moth, Dui sent me over to meet you
    Wow, did that machine eats all your tree???? It must had been very hungry
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Princess Leah - thank you for dropping by and great to meet you - nose licks from Moth xx

      Delete
  5. Whew...that looks like some hard work! We are glad you were there to help!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello guys - thank you for coming to see my blog. Nose licks to you all from Moth xx

      Delete
  6. Wow, you are a cute little thing for such a hard worker!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by boys - great to meet you! Nose licks from Moth xx

      Delete
  7. It is nice to meet you all. We look forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by - nose licks from Moth xx

      Delete
  8. Hello, Moth! So excited to meet ya! My blog is www.pawprovince.com if you would like to swing by!

    16 days until the election!
    -Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Christmas - thank you for your message and I will check out your blog too - nose licks from Moth xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Moth,
    I am Madi the cat. I came over to say hi from Dui, Bella and Roxy's blog. Angel Daisy was one of my first blogging friends back in 2009.
    Welcome and I look forward to reading about you.
    I've seen you bred on the dog shows and have always thought it was a cute breed
    Hugs madi your new kitty friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madi and Mom - thank you for dropping by. Daisy was a sweet dog and my schnauzer sister Magic was her bloggy friend years ago. Nose licks from Moth xx

      Delete
  10. Hi Moth, you are as cute as can be. We have never heard of an affenpinscher - very nice to meet you.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lightning and Misty - thank you for dropping by my blog. Affenpinschers are quite rare in the U.K. too - sometimes I think they all live in our house as I never see any when I go out for walks BOL - nose licks from Moth xx

      Delete
  11. Add us to the crowd that left the party at Dui's and came over here. Nice to meet you all! We have a house full of pups at our house that includes a Scottie, Goldens, a Lab and a few others... We look forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kim - thank you for coming over to see me. Sounds like you have a busy house of dogs too :-) - nose licks from Moth xx

      Delete
  12. Aroo there, Dui and the girls sent me over. Wow you sure do have a lot of family! I have a brother named Judd and sister named Shit nope I didn't misspell her name you read it right. She's a cat and it fits her. I'm looking forward to reading about your shenanigans.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sully - great to meet you and thanks for dropping by. Nose licks from Moth xx

      Delete
  13. Adorable so nice to meet you we love affens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by and lovely to meet you - nose licks and love from Moth xx

      Delete
  14. We here I am also coming over from Downunder Daisy, seems like the whole crowd is here. Hi Moth! How did you get your name, why everyone in your pack has a fancy name. Does it come from some famous quote like A Moth To Flame.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. My peeps named me Moth after one of the fairies in A Midsummer Night's Dream as I was born on the night of the summer solstice :-) - nose licks and love from Moth xx

      Delete
    2. I remember Oberon the King of the fairies and Puck but it has been years since we read Midsummer Night's Dream. Well that is definitely a fine fitting name for you.
      Sweet William The Scot

      Delete
  15. Hi Moth! Just stopping by to welcome you to blogville. You sure are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your welcome and visiting my blog - nose licks and love from Moth xx

      Delete